How To Start A Blog That Makes $5763 A Month 2020(Beginners Guide)? Congratulations! You have chosen the right platform to make money online.
We SmartFutures are here to help the new bloggers to make a good passive income online and live a boss-free life.
Millions of people make a good passive income by blogging.
Bloggers write blogs while they travel across the world. They earn money while sleeping.
The reason for starting for your blog could be many of these:
- Sharing your knowledge
- Social impact
- Documenting your thoughts
For a starter, here are some of the questions you should be asking to start a blog:
- How do bloggers get paid?
- How can I create a free blog and make money?
- Where should you start a blog? (Platform for blogging)
- What niche you should pick? (Blog topic)
- What should be your domain name?
- How to buy the domain name?
- Where should you host your blog?
- How to buy hosting for your domain name?
- How to install your blog on the domain name?
- Design of your blog
- Essential elements to make your blog shine
- How to write the first blog post
In this guide, you will find answers to all these questions and a step-by-step guide to start your blog and make money online.
So grab a cup of coffee and sit back and read on to your new journey.
So, our first step is to set up the foundation for making money, which is our blog or website. so let’s get started…
How To Create A Blog From Scratch To Advance – Beginners Guide!
This guide is created for users like you who are just starting out and knows a little or nothing about blogging.
Within the next few minutes, you will have your blog up and running.
And its also going to be better than most of the other blogs on the internet.
1. How do you start a profitable blog?? (Choose your Niche)
The very first thing you have to do is to find the niche of your blog. By niche, I mean finding a topic that your blog is going to be about.
I hope you don’t plan to blog about every random thing and make money. This doesn’t work in 2019 and your chances of success are better when you blog on a single topic.
You might be a jack of all trades, and want to start a blog on multiple topics, but it will not be fruitful, as people like to subscribe to a blog, which is an authority on a particular topic.
Moreover, Google which is the biggest search engine prefers a website which is built on a single topic. For example, SmartFutures topic is “Online Marketing,” and that’s how you found us.
Now, the big question is
how to find the topic of your blog?
Here are a few tips that will help you to get started:
- Find a topic that you know better than anyone else. It doesn’t have to be the job you are doing, and it could be anything. like the topic which you wanted to study or which you are studying.
- Try to think about the topic that you mostly like to talk about, and you can comfortably talk about it for hours.
- The good idea is to pick a topic that you usually read about. The topic which you read about all the time is something that interests you.
- Also, make sure you have a keen interest in a particular topic, and you can add values with your own insight.
- For newbies, I always recommend to take the help of pen-paper and write down the topics in different columns that you like. For eg: Motivation, Fashion, Technology, Finance, Photography, Scientific research, Babycare, health care and so on. Now, try to write 20 post ideas for those different columns. When you are writing the post title, think about what you can write without taking reference. By the end of the 20th article, it will help you to find the topic (Niche) that you like the most.
What niche is most profitable?
Check out the tips to choose your profitable niche
This is a critical step before starting a blog, as it will help you to pick a topic that you are most passionate about.
This will ensure that you will not burn out when your blog goes live.
If you are picking a topic that you like to talk about and write about, it will ensure that your burn out period will never come.
So, I assume you have selected the niche for your blog which can make some money for you.
2. Domain Name
Choosing the name for your blog is the next very important part of your success. The domain name is the URL of your blog or a website in which visitors will open the blog.
You have to choose the right domain name for your website. Choosing the right domain name will help you to rank in the search engines.
These domains are very difficult to rank in the search engines like google, yahoo, etc.
If you want to make money off ads from Adsense or any other platform it takes too much time to get approval and more likely it gets denied.
So, choose a good domain name which will never make you face these problems.
A custom domain name is like www.smartfutures.biz, for which we need to pay $12/year. However, I have shared a trick below which will help you save this $12 on domain purchase.
Now, there are a few rules which will help you to pick the best name for your new blog. Here are some of the tips from my experience:
Some tips when choosing a domain name for your blog
- Should you use your personal name or pick a more general topic? Answering this should be simple. Is the blog about you, or are you trying to build a brand apart from yourself?
- Make it easy to type. You don’t want other people getting your traffic if someone types in another website by mistake!
- Make it pronounceable. There’s no need to confuse people with complicated spellings, or creative misspellings.
- Keep it short. Fewer characters mean less hassle for the user and less risk of mistyping.
- Don’t use other company’s brand names or trademarked slogans. They will come after you and shut you down!
- Try to use broad keywords. Top-level topics like Cooking are great, but you need to connect these big ideas to narrower topics.
- Make sure that the blog’s name makes sense. It needs to be intuitive to the user and Google!
- Avoid number and hyphens. These confuse people, and it makes it hard to explain the domain to others.
- Prefer .com domain name above everything else.
Here are a few things you should not do when selecting the domain name for your new blog:
- Don’t use a too long domain name. Try to keep it lower than 12 characters. Ex: SmartFutures
- Don’t use domain extension like .info, .net and so on, because they tend to rank bad in Search engines. (from my own experience)
- I always prefer and suggest to use a domain name extension like .com or .org.
You can use Bluehost domain suggestion feature to check if your domain name is available or not.
Simply enter any word that you have picked for your blog and it will also show you available domain name suggestions.
Related: how to choose a perfect domain name?
3.Picking the hosting to start the blog
Web hosting is a service that allows the blog to be accessed through the internet by other users.
If you don’t have a domain or web hosting your blog would not come online and you won’t make any money from it.
There are plenty of web hosting in the internet today. The prices are generally $8-$10 per month.
I highly recommend you to choose Blue Host has your hosting company.
Bluehost is the idlest choice as it offers everything you need to create a blog. Features like:
- Free SSL
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Unlimited storage
- The free domain name (Saving of $12/year)
- Easy to use cPanel.
- Live chat support
- 30 days money back guarantee
- Beginners friendly
- Automatic WordPress Install
And the best part, it only cost $2.95/month from my special link belowGrab Your Special Offer
4. Which blogging platform is best for making money?
The first answer you should have is, where should you create your blog?
There are many blogging platforms out there, and people have different opinions about each of them.
You can’t start a blog without blogging software. I run all of my blogs on WordPress because it’s user-friendly, free, and powerful.
As a rule of thumb, you should avoid most free blogging platform services. Why? They don’t give you the autonomy you’ll need to build and scale a powerful money-making blog.
Free blogging platforms have quite a few problems that limit your overall blog control:
- You don’t ultimately control the blog’s content. They will have the final say!
- You could be shut you down any time, and for any reason!
- The web address of the blog will end up being long and hard to remember. It won’t be catchy!
- They won’t allow you to place ads on your blog. This makes it much harder to make money from blogging.
These limitations apply to WordPress.com blogs.
Don’t confuse yourself with WordPress.com and self-hosted WordPress -blog.
I will always recommend you to start with wordpress.org self-hosted blog which is a beginner friendly blogging platform.
You have full control on your blog. You can also monetize your site.
WordPress.org (self-hosted site) the most popular and stable blogging platform in the world powering over 25% of the World Wide Web.
When it comes to the world’s top million sites, WordPress is the platform selected more than half the time.
You can download the self-hosted WordPress software for free at wordpress.org. BONUS! when you choose Bluehost as your web host they will automatically install it for you.
5. Setting Up Your WordPress Blog
Our very next step is to set up your WordPress blog and make it online.
If you are a blue host user they automatically install for you. However, you are not done, as you need to complete a few things before you will write your first blog post
To start setting up your blog for branding and make it perfect, I have shared some guides which you can refer to get started
Or else you can get help from Wealthy Affiliates team they help you to build a perfect website and will help you to build your 6 figure online.
But I highly suggest that don’t go for their free website. it will automatically delete your website data after a while. (from my experience)
Don’t worry you can also follow our guide to build your 7-figure online.
6. Choose a design for your blog
WordPress provides you tons of free and premium themes for your blog.
You should choose a responsive theme for your blog so that your user experience will be good. “The first impression is the last impression”
Blog design is the most important aspect of your blog because a good design will ensure that your visitors will love your blog. In fact, that is how your readers will remember your blog. Imagine your blog design as you with a nice outfit.
When I first Started a blog the most confusing thing was my theme. I had used many themes none of it worked well for me. but at last, I got an Astra theme and it is working quite good for me.
The best thing about this theme is,
- it is a beginner friendly theme.
- Once you install this theme, you can pick from the ready-made template and your blog design will be ready within 30-45 minutes
- You get One-to-One support team
- Extensive Training
So don’t waste your time on trying many random themes. I suggest you go for Astra themes As a beginner. After all your wish…
7. Play With Plugins
Mixtures of Plugins makes your blog a super blog.
There are 1000’s of plugins availaible in wordpress.
Each plugins are used for different purposes like, rank in search engine, to make your theme super good, to display recent post and contact form etc.
Here are plugins which you should have on your newly created WordPress blog
- Yoast – SEO plugin
- JetPack by wordpress.com
- WP Super Cache
There are many more plugins, but the above plugins will ensure that you have all the basics plugin installed on your blog.
If you have followed, all the steps until now, your blog is up and ready
Now, comes the part which you should be doing over the period of time and that is adding new content
8. Plan Your Content
Before you start writing your first blog post, you should make a content plan.
The majority of marketers aren’t thinking strategically about the content they’re creating.
This makes it easy for your audience to ignore whatever you’re sharing.
A content marketing strategy helps you identify what you’d like to accomplish with your content, as well as how you’re going to use your content to achieve your larger business goals.
In other words, it forces you to put intention behind your content.
If you’re operating without a content marketing strategy, this disconnect makes it difficult for your target audience to know what you want them to do.
However, when you create a plan, you’re putting a purpose behind your content.
Make your content such a way that each post links with each other, make a chain between them.
When it comes to uploading content, quality beats quantity any day.
However, if you’re just posting once a month, you’re going to struggle to grab any real attention.
Read our guide on
9. Add important pages on your blog
Here are some of the important pages, which you should have on your blog from day one.
- About page: Contains detail about your blog, and you.
- Contact page: A page with contact form. You can use the Jetpack contact form feature to create a contact form on WordPress.
10. Write Your First Blog Post
Now, this is where the real fun begins, writing your first article.
Here are a few tips which will ensure you don’t make mistakes a newbie usually makes:
- First of all when you are writing your content, imagine there is a person sitting next to you, and you are talking to the person. Write in the first person tone, because there is a single person who is reading your blog. For example, you are reading this blog post alone. That is why you might notice, my tone is “I” and “You”.
- Your content should cover all the aspect of the topic you are writing about. Feel free to write 1000+ words.
- Do not copy images from Google.
- You can also use embed videos from YouTube.
Watch out my youtube video to learn the 6 important steps which I take to write a perfect blog post.
How To Make Money Blogging
As now know how to start your blog and successfully published your blog. Our next step is to generate revenue from it.
There are many ways in which you can generate good amount of money from it.
How do bloggers get paid?
- Affiliate Marketing
- Your Own Digital product ex: ebook, online course, etc.
- Google AdSense
- Sponsored content
- Amazon affiliates
apart from these methods, my favourite one is affiliate marketing. Here you can make even more than $10,000 per month by blogging with proper marketing guidelines
Want to learn the best affiliate marketing strategy for free?
Then don’t hesitate to register for the free live webinar for complete affiliate marketing guide (beginners to advance)
Drive Traffic (visitors) To Your Blog
Our main aim to create the blog is to get good traffic and turn them to leads.
There are many ways to get traffic to your site and that cant be explained in one article I have written a guide on it. click here for your guide
You can use social media for your blog traffic. Build a huge community on your social medias today. It will help you to grow your blog.
You just need to get started and no need to stress, as again I’m here to guide you with the best resources.
To get social with your blog, you need a Facebook page, Instagram account, Twitter account.
Learn SEO to drive free traffic
SEO is an advanced topic and it’s hard to complete it in a single article. Many newbies try not to concentrate on search engine Optimization, and it’s a big mistake.
Search engine optimization helps you to drive targeted traffic from organic search, which in-turn makes more money for you. There are three core parts of SEO:
- On page SEO: Your content quality, Keyword placement, and other factors.
- On-Site SEO: Crawling, indexing of your website.
- Off-Site SEO: Backlinks from other sites.
For the reason of evolution of SEO, I would also like to add two more here:
- Social signals: Social media plays a great role in improving your blog ranking. Google plus is proven to be the best social networking site to improve ranking.
- User experience: New Search engine optimization is all about giving a great user experience. Therefore Some of the key aspect of good user experience: Navigation, site loading, website design, readability and so on.
If you have any doubts please feel free to mention it in the comment section below!
- Amazon Affiliate Marketing 101: Mastery GuideFor beginners - April 27, 2020
- Work From Home Online: 5 Ways to Make Money Online $50/day - March 29, 2020
- 4 Proven Ways To Work From Home With Amazon - September 14, 2019